Tuesday, February 3, 2015

DIY: Concrete Style

My Dad has always said he wanted some concrete yard balls for the garden. I know I know it sounds strange but they are actually really cool. But unfortunately they are super expensive. Sooooooo I decided I was going to figure out a way to make them for him for Christmas.

Here is the inspiration….


 I got on Pinterest and I found several ways to do it but ended up following the steps on this blog.

http://www.thegardenglove.com/diy-concrete-garden-globes/

The hardest part of this project is finding old glass light globes cheap. I went to several thrift stores and the hardware store and found these.






I forgot to take pictures after I filled them with the concrete. But I filled them to the top and let them dry for 24 hours. I then placed them in a plastic trash bag and gently broke the glass with a hammer in the bag so all the glass would not go everywhere. It was super easy!

Even though its not perfectly smooth I still really like how it turned out. 

The texture of the concrete shows through

This one is more like a 3D stepping stone but I really love it. I will make more of these for my own garden

No comments:

Post a Comment